Join us as a Production Assistant, and you’ll be an integral part of maintaining the Here Comes The Guide website, which features thousands of gorgeous wedding venues. Plus, you’ll work with a remarkable team of women, dedicated to providing both an effective and FUN website for our engaged couples and exceptional customer care for our clients.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can’t emphasize this enough.
- Be able to take direction and constructive criticism, and work as part of a team, but also be able to complete work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned. (#allthethings)
- Be able to ask questions, but also problem solve and work through various solutions when encountering technical issues.
- Be able to work well in a fully remote environment (yes! from home!).
- Be able to learn fast, think on your feet, and juggle a variety of tasks.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
- Have impeccable time-management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
- Prior experience with web content management, like WordPress, Craft, or similar.
- Basic understanding of database systems (such as SalesForce or FileMaker).
- Familiarity with HTML.
- A stronger than average knowledge of grammar.
- Some competence in troubleshooting problems with software and hardware.
Competence with Mac OS and knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
- Strong internet/technical savvy
- Prepare and post photos online, make website data updates, manage incoming workflow in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative tasks for the Production Director.
- Maintain meticulous records in our database and web Content Management System.
- Other miscellaneous projects.
COMPENSATION: $18/hour, 20 hours/week.
JOB LOCATION: This position is fully remote—you'll work from your home office. Note that we require all employees to travel 2 times a year (May and October, usually) for our team retreats. But it's all-expense-paid and it's a blast, so you won't mind.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Limited time off in December, January, and February due to web production loads. A few days is OK, but not full weeks during those months.
- An office area devoted to your work.
- Blocks of uninterrupted quiet (in chunks of 3+ hours) during business hours to do that work.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website to become familiar with what we do.
Also, review our Core Values: Words We Live (and Work) By. They're incredibly important to us!
Then, if you still think you're our kind of person, email a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. PUT "JOB APPLICANT: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT" IN THE SUBJECT LINE—if you don't your application will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us specifically why you'd like to work for Here Comes The Guide, plus which of our Core Values speaks most to you and why.
Please send your resume as a PDF.